angelicam2009

angelicam2009

Sweet Hope (Sweet Home Series)
Tillie Cole

Author- Richelle Mead

Pages- 332
Rating- 4.5 out of 5
Companion/Sequel- Book 1 of 6

Goodreads Synopsis-St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger...

What I liked-
1) The characters. Every character in this book was important in one way or another. Each one was different, and had a different effect on the story, which kept me very interested!
2) The Badass-ness. Rose Hathaway is probably one of the most bad-ass female characters you will ever meet. She doesn't take crap from anyone and has a reputation for beating up anyone, and I do mean anyone! She's loyal, bad-ass, and hilarious, which makes for a great character!
2) The Relationships. Whether it was romantic or just a friendship, each one had a connection. It didn't seem like they were just thrown together. I especially loved the friendship between Rose and Lissa. It was truly remarkable, and I loved reading about it.
3) Dimitri and Christian. They are both very interesting characters and I'm excited to learn more about them. They also weren't just there for the hell of it. They're important characters to the story.
4) The Writing. This book was so addicting. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop, and the writing was a big part. I had to know what was going to happen next in the story, with the characters, with the romance. I was so invested in everything.
5) The Pacing/Storyline. The storyline and the pacing for this book flowed so well. It kept me intrigued, but also explained things to certain point. This isn't your typical vampire world. It's new, exciting, and very addicting!

What I didn't like-
The Climax. There's only one thing that I didn't like about this book and that was the ending action scene. For me, it just didn't seem like that huge of a climax for the story. I just thought it could have been more to it. However, I do think that it was building up for something even bigger in the rest of the series, and that I'm really looking forward to.

Overall I say if you're looking for an addicting story, with amazing bad-ass characters, romance, action, adventure, and hilarious moments, pick up this book. It's everything you could want and more!